Once you’ve found a “must have” item on RideJetson.com, you’ll be eager to finalize your purchase. Let us help pave the way towards a smooth checkout process by sharing this helpful info.
After you click through to check-out and enter your email address and shipping info, you’ll be directed to our payment page. We accept the following forms of payment:
- Credit card – We can process orders made with a Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Diners Club, Elo, or JCB credit card.
- Shop Pay and Klarna – Shop Pay and Klarna allow you spread out your total payment over multiple equal installments. After choosing either the Shop Pay or Klarna option, click “Complete Order”—and you’ll be asked for a few more pieces of info before entering your credit card number for quick approval and locking your payment plan into place.
- PayPal – You can complete your purchase through your PayPal account. After selecting PayPal on the payment page at checkout and clicking “Complete Order,” you will be redirected to Paypal to finalize your purchase.
- Jetson gift cards – (How’d you get so lucky?) To pay with a Jetson gift card, you’ll need to locate the card’s unique identification number in the email you received delivering the gift. Key-in that number in the space allotted for it at check-out and click “Apply”; if you have multiple gift cards, just keep repeating the process until they’re all loaded in.
If the total amount of your purchase exceeds the amount of your gift card(s), you can use another payment method to cover the balance. More information about using gift cards can be found here.
Using discount codes
If you’ve been given a discount code or found one on our website while shopping, you can key it in during checkout in the space allotted for it. As soon as you hit “Apply,” you’ll see the total purchase amount go down accordingly. You can then finish check-out using any of the payment methods above—including gift cards.
A few things to note about promo codes: Only one can be used per order and certain codes come with specific terms and conditions. More information about using discount codes can be found in this article on our support page.
Shipping fees and taxes
We offer free ground shipping on all complete products; shipping timelines depend on how far your shipment will need to travel from our warehouse. Parts and accessories over $100 also ship free; if your parts and accessories order falls under that threshold, we’ll calculate the shipping cost based on item weight and where you’re shipping it to.
Taxes will be calculated based on the cost of products being purchased and according to government regulations.
The best part of ordering any new Jetson is receiving it. Here’s what you need to know about where we ship our products—and how.
How we ship
- Jetson products are shipped via ground shipping with FedEx or UPS—with the exception of some parts and accessories that we send through USPS.
- Shipping timelines vary depending on the distance being traveled from our West Coast warehouses.
- Due to the size and nature of our products, many of which contain lithium-ion batteries, expedited shipping is not available.
Where we ship
- Orders can be placed for delivery within all 50 U.S. states.
- Shipping is not available to PO Boxes.
- With the exception of some parts and accessories that are shipped via USPS, most of our products cannot be shipped to APO addresses.
- We do not currently offer international shipping for orders placed on RideJetson.com, though retailers in other countries—including the U.K. and Canada—do carry a selection of our products. If you’re looking for a Jetson outside of the U.S., our authorized retailers may be able to send a Jetson your way.
- Shipping on all Jetsons is free throughout the contiguous U.S.
- Orders for spare parts totaling more than $100 also qualify for free shipping. Shipping charges for spare parts orders under $100 will be calculated at check-out based on weight and travel distance.
- Shipping charges for products headed to Hawaii and Alaska will be calculated at check-out.
- Will your Jetson be a gift? (So nice of you!) Unfortunately, we do not currently offer gift wrapping services.
- For ease and extra peace of mind, we add Route shipping protection to your cart along with your product. If you’d like to opt out, simply remove this add-on from your cart before proceeding with the check-out process.
We feel you: Once you’ve ordered a new Jetson, it’s hard to think about anything other than its arrival. We work hard to make sure you’re not waiting too long. Here’s what you can expect in terms of timing and tracking:
Purchases made on RideJetson.com are processed and packed up at our warehouses on the U.S. West Coast within one to two business days after the order has been placed. It can take another day or so for our shipping carriers—FedEx, UPS, and, for some spare parts, USPS—to pick up packages and load them into their trucks.
All Jetsons travel via ground shipping. After a shipment leaves our warehouse, average transport times are as follows:
- To the West Coast: one to two business days
- To the Midwest: three to four business days
- To the East Coast: five to six business days
Quick note: Due to the nature of our products, expedited or overnight shipping is not available.
Within minutes after placing your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation email. Hang tight: As soon as your shipment has been assigned a tracking number by one of our carriers, you’ll receive another email with a link to track your product in transit.
If you logged in to your RideJetson.com account before placing your order or using the prompt at checkout, you can log back in at any time to access that tracking information, too. (Don’t yet have an account? You can create one here.)
A Jetson’s journey from us to you is almost always swift and steady—but sometimes shipments hit a snag. Should you encounter one of these situations, here’s what to do:
- You placed an order but have not yet received tracking information
High-volume shopping times of year, such as the weeks leading up to holidays, are also high-volume shipping times of year—so sometimes pack-up and carrier pick-up take a little longer than usual.
Nevertheless, if five days have passed since you placed your order and you have still not received tracking information, reach out to us. We’ll look into what might be causing the hold-up and work to move your product past it.
- Your shipment seems stuck in “label created” status
It’s possible that your shipment is already on the move! Occasionally, carriers load packages onto their trucks and only conduct their first scan of them when they get them to their hub processing centers. Your shipment’s tracking status will be updated as soon as that happens.
If your shipment has been in “label created” status for 7 days, contact us so that we can look into its whereabouts.
- Your package arrived damaged or was marked as “delivered” but you did not receive it
It’s unfortunate—but, sometimes, in-transit incidents do happen. Don’t fret: there are people and processes ready to remedy things.
If you added Route Package Protection to your order during check-out, you’ll want to file a claim directly with Route. A resolution—by way of a refund or replacement—should come quickly. For orders not covered by Route Package Protection, reach out to the shipping carrier and/or to us for support and a solution.
Changing or canceling an order
Orders are often prepared for shipment just a few hours after being placed. If you’d like to make changes to your order or cancel it altogether, reach out to us as soon as possible: We’ll do our best to intercept it and make the requested changes.
More details about our shipping polices can be found here. We’re so glad to have you as a customer.
Getting from Point A to Point B is a pleasure when you’re riding a Jetson—but occasionally your Jetson’s journey from the warehouse to your house isn’t always as perfect a ride. Incidents can ensue after orders leave our loading docks, such as damage, loss, or theft—so it’s a good idea to safeguard yourself against monetary loss as soon as you make a purchase.
Here are the deets on how to protect your Jetson deliverables:
What it is
Route Shipping Protection is insurance for in-transit mishaps—and more.
How to get it
We’ve made it easy: Route Package Protection is automatically added to all orders made on RideJetson.com. (The cost is calculated based on the value of the product you’re purchasing.) If you don’t want it, just opt out by removing it from your cart.
Why you want it
In a word: “security.” We take major precautions when packing up our products for shipment to prevent damage during transit and use carriers that know how to move and handle goods. But if an item arrives on your doorstep damaged—or does not make it there at all—having shipping protection ensures that you won’t have paid for something you’ll never get to use.
Should packages be missing or mishandled, having Route Package Protection saves you lots of time. You can skip past the complications of contacting carriers or having to present a case: Route will handle it all and make sure that you are properly recompensated with either a refund or a replacement shipment. What’s more, they’ll do it in record speed—and with little effort needed from you.
How it works
We’ve got two words here: “quickly”—and “easily.” Once you order a product that you’ve protected with Route, you’ll receive an email with your Route Order ID. If something happens in-transit with that product, just click through that email to the Route Resolve Center—or get there on Route’s app for mobile devices—where you can use that order ID number and your email address to file a claim.
It takes just a few clicks to give Route all the info they need. In less than a minute, you’ll have filed a claim and received a response from Route about its status. You can go back and check the status of your claim at any time—but you likely won’t need to: claims are fully processed within 24 hours after filing. Keep that number in mind: Route also offers support and service 24 hours a day—so you can file claims and call on them any time of day or night.
After you receive approval on a claim, you can decide what kind of resolution you want: either a straight refund for the cost of the product, itself, or a brand-new one sent your way. (We like the latter: It’s always good to have a Jetson around!)
What else you’ll get
In addition to insurance against in-transit damage or loss, you’ll also get a stronger magnifying glass on your shipment’s progress so that you can keep an eye out for its delivery. Route’s tracking interface online and in its app allows you to customize the type and frequency with which you’ll receive shipping and delivery updates, and watch your package’s movement on a map in real time.
What to do if something happens
If you’ve added Route Package Protection to your purchase and there is a shipping incident, reach out to Route directly. Be sure to read all the terms of Route’s policy and keep an eye on the calendar so that you’re reporting incidents in their required timeframe: Items that are missing but marked as “delivered” by the carrier, for example, can only be reported between five and 15 days after that reported delivery date.
We think few better things exist than a reason to grab a new ride! If you’ve got a RideJetson.com discount code or have been the recipient of one of our gift cards, your biggest challenge will be choosing which Jetson to use it towards.
Gift cards and discount codes are super easy to use: Once you’ve added the product you’d like to your online cart, just key-in the discount code and/or your gift card’s unique identification number in the space allotted for it at check-out. Then, click “Apply”—and you’ll see the total amount due go down accordingly.
If you’re lucky enough to have both a gift card AND a discount code—rock on! You can use both in the same purchase: Just enter one after another. (Be sure to click “Apply” after entering each one.)
There are a few other things to note about cards and codes. Here’s the intel:
- Jetson gift cards are delivered digitally by email. As soon as one arrives in your inbox, it’s ready to use.
- You can use a gift card multiple times—until the full amount of the card is used up, or it expires. (Be sure to check the original email for that expiration date!)
- Gift cards can be used to purchase anything on our website—except more gift cards.
- If the total amount of your purchase exceeds the value of your gift card, you’ll be able to take care of the balance using another form of payment.
If you’d like to purchase a gift card—and give someone else the excitement of a new ride—you can do that right on our website—any time day or night.
- Certain discount codes have specific terms and conditions, so make sure you read the fine print. Some, for example, can only be used once; expire on certain dates; are applicable only towards the purchase of certain products or product categories; or are linked to specific email addresses and can only be used for purchases made using that address.
- Only one discount code can be used per order.
- Discount codes cannot be applied to the purchase of gift cards.
- For an order of multiple products, limits can be made at the discretion of Jetson to the number of products for which the discount will be applied.
If you don’t have a discount code but would like one (who wouldn’t?)—head on over to RideJetson.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page. You’ll be able to enter your email address—and we’ll deliver a code for 10% off your first purchase on RideJetson.com to your inbox.
As much as we don’t like to hear it, we understand that sometimes customers need to cancel an order that they have made.
Because our warehouses work to fulfill orders quickly, there is a small window of time where orders can be successfully canceled—sometimes just a few hours after the order has been placed. Even if you have not received a tracking number, your order may have already entered the shipping process.
To inquire about order cancellation, reach out directly to the Jetson Care Team. The quickest and best way to do that is by starting a chat. If you do that from 10am to 6pm EST, you can be connected with a live team member who can immediately look into canceling your order; outside of those hours, our virtual chatbot, J., can take your details and schedule a follow-up.
If our team determines that it’s too late in the process to cancel an order, don’t fret! We can always provide you with instructions on how to return the product after you receive it.