We had customer “peace of mind” in mind when we developed our General Limited Warranty. We’ve got all the terms of it posted online, but here’s a quick run-down of the main points.
- All brand-new Jetson products (excluding parts and accessories) that have been purchased on RideJetson.com or through one of our authorized retailers are covered by warranty for one full year after the purchase date.
- All refurbished Jetson products purchased directly through us are covered by a 30-day Limited Warranty.
- During the coverage window and if you have been using your Jetson product according to its user manual, your purchase is protected against any defects or malfunctions in materials or workmanship.
Be good to your Jetson! Malfunctions resulting from the following are not covered by our warranty: water or impact damage, product misuse, extreme wear and tear, and modifications or unauthorized repairs made to the product.
We hope you never need to file a warranty claim, but should you need to, it’s easy: Just start a chat with J., Jetson’s resident chatbot. J. will gather all the necessary info and put you in touch directly with a member of our Jetson Care Team.
If our team determines that your product might qualify for in-warranty coverage, you may be asked to mail it back (using a prepaid shipping label and at no cost to you) so that our whiz technicians can thoroughly inspect it and diagnose the problem.
Should all warranty conditions be met, we’ll send you a replacement product asap. It’s our goal to keep everyone on the move!
Has something gone awry with your Jetson? So frustrating. Don’t worry: We’re here to help.
If you’ve been using your product according to our user manual and it is showing signs of a defect or malfunction, you may be eligible for a replacement. All brand-new Jetson products, not including parts and accessories, are covered by Jetson’s one-year general warranty; refurbished products are covered, too, for 30 days from the purchase date.
If you’re within that window and want to file a warranty claim, you can do so 24/7 by starting a chat with J., our superstar virtual assistant. Here’s what J. will ask you for:
- Your name, contact info, and shipping address
- The model name of your Jetson product and/or its serial number
- A description of the problem
- Information about any water or impact damage that your product might have endured
- Date of purchase
During office hours, J. can immediately connect you with a live member of the Jetson Care Team, who will assess the situation, let you know if your claim is approved, and chat with you about the next steps. (If it’s after hours, J. will share your information and you’ll get a personal follow-up with all of those details.)
You may be asked to ship your product back to us—using a prepaid shipping label and at no cost to you—so that our technicians can look into what went wrong. In the meantime, we’ll work quickly to get a replacement headed your way. (Our goal: to get you riding again asap!)
Filing a claim using your extended warranty
If you’d like to file a claim outside of the one-year window (or after 30 days, in the case of refurbished products)—and you’ve purchased an extended warranty—you’ll need to file it directly with Extend. Extend will take care of you from there—and help you get back on the move in no time.
Extending warranty protection is a smart move.
All new Jetson products come with a one-year limited warranty —but once you get hooked on riding your Jetson, 12 months is really just the start of your adventure. The Extend Protection Plan will keep you covered well into your Jetson journey: when you purchase the policy, you can choose how many years you’d like to keep your product protected.
If you’re shopping on RideJetson.com, you can add an extended warranty to your cart right along with your product. (So easy!) If you’ve purchased your Jetson elsewhere—or just want some time to think it over before locking it in—you can purchase the plan separately at any time up until the day before your initial warranty coverage expires.
What’s covered under the Extend Protection Plan? Just about the same thing that’s covered by us in your first year of Jetson product ownership: defects and malfunctions that might arise unexpectedly when the product is used properly and in accordance with your product’s user manual. Things like accidental damage, water damage, damage from extreme wear and tear, or damage caused by misuse are excluded—so take good care of your Jetson!
A few things to note:
- You’ll have to decide up front how many years of coverage you want to lock in. Once you purchase your extended warranty, it can’t be renewed or extended again.
- The Extend Protection Plan can only be purchased for products bought on RideJetson.com or from one of our authorized retailers.
- Refurbished products purchased on RideJetson.com come with a 30-day general warranty. You can still purchase extended protection for your product—but you’ll have to do it within that 30-day period.
- Parts and accessories are not eligible for the Extend Protection Plan.
After Jetson’s general warranty period ends (one year—or 30 days, if it’s a refurbished product), you’ll have to file claims directly through Extend. Questions? Extend will have all the answers.
Returning products purchased on RideJetson.com
If you ordered your product directly on RideJetson.com, you’re in the right place! Here’s the scoop on returns for items purchased directly through us:
- Jetson will gladly accept the return of any new and unused product purchased on RideJetson.com within 30 days from the purchase date.
- Customers are responsible for return shipping fees and ensuring that the product arrives undamaged.
- Products that are returned in lightly used condition or without original packaging are subject to a restocking fee equal to 20% of the original product purchase price. The remaining 80% will be issued as credit towards another purchase on RideJetson.com.
All good? If you’re ready to start a return, here are the steps you’ll need to take:
- Reach out to the Jetson Care Team to get a return started. You’ll be given an RMA (Return Merchandize Authorization) number and the address for where to ship your product. Here’s a tip: The quickest and best way to reach Jetson Care is by starting a chat.
- Pack the product in its original packaging or a sturdy box to ensure that it makes its way back to us without incurring any damage.
- Write the RMA number clearly on the outside of the box.
- Ship the item back to us using your preferred carrier. Once we receive and inspect the product–and if everything looks good–we will process the refund (or store credit in the case of lightly used products) within five business days.
Returning Jetson products purchased elsewhere
Unfortunately, we can’t process a return for a Jetson product bought through another retailer: In that case, you’ll need to reach out directly to that retailer to learn about their return policies and process.
Exchanging a product
Want something else instead? No problem!
Jetson does not currently exchange products in a single transaction. However, you can return your original product using the info and instructions above and then place a brand-new order for the Jetson product you’d prefer to have.
This can’t be said enough: We’re so grateful for everyone who chooses to ride with Jetson.
As a thank you to our customers, we’d like to give a little something back—so we’re putting four $500 gift cards up grabs; one every month, from March through June 2022. Want a chance to win one? Here’s how to enter each month’s drawing.
- Head on over to this page on RideJetson.com. Click through our product categories and find the Jetson you’ve got.
- Let us know how you’re liking it by posting a review! (Make sure to enter your review using the email address you’d like to be contacted at. Your private information will not be published; we’ll be the only ones who see it.)
- Keep an eye on your email inbox: A $500 gift card could come your way!
Things to note:
- Winners will be selected and notified shortly after the end of each month.
- Once a winner is drawn, we’ll empty the pot and start fresh; entries will not carry over into the next month’s drawing.
- No matter where you purchased your Jetson, you can still review it on our site and submit for entry into the giveaway.
- For every Jetson product that you review, you’ll get one chance to win. (You can’t review the same product more than once, though.)
- Gift cards can be used towards any purchase on RideJetson.com—except for the purchase of more gift cards. More details on using gift cards can be found here.
Gift card raffle terms and conditions
Check out the full terms and conditions of our gift card raffle for more details.