After it’s made, every Jetson product is given its very own serial number. That serial number (SN) is just like your fingerprint: totally unique and especially helpful for identification purposes.
You’ll need that number to register your product with us or file a warranty claim—but it’s a good idea to have it handy any time you reach out to Jetson Care. With that serial number, we can help identify your specific Jetson model and then target our support and troubleshooting tips accordingly.
- Jetson’s serial numbers are usually 17 characters long and contain both letters and numbers. (Here’s an example: 60000ABC000012345)
- Make sure you look for the serial number on the product itself—NOT the box or any packaging.
- The serial number will usually be printed on a black and white sticker that is then adhered to your product. For some bike models, though, it will be engraved directly into the bike frame.
Where to Look
Here’s where you can find your serial number:
Kick Scooters and E-scooters – Check the side or underside of the deck. (That’s the thing your feet go on.
Hoverboards – Turn your ride upside down and look for the sticker next to one of the wheels.
Bikes and E-bikes – Depending on your model, there are three places a serial number could be:
- On the stem of the bike frame below the handlebar
- On the bike frame near where the seat’s attached
- On the lower part of the bike frame in between the pedal area and the front tire
JetKarts – Go low: Look on the underside of the seat frame.
Kids’ Bikes – Scope out the bike frame between the seat and the pedals.
Kids’ Ride-Ons – Serial numbers will be on the underside of the product or on the bottom of the seat.
How’d it go? If you’re still struggling to find your SN, just reach out to us for further assistance. Our chatbot extraordinaire, J., is online 24/7. Between 9am to 9pm EST, the human members of our Jetson Care Team can also jump in on any conversation.
We’d love to try to clear up some confusion about hardware and the assembly of the Alpha L Jetkart Combo by sharing some resources and info.
In case you need to reference it, here is the Alpha’s most up-to-date user manual. Please refer to Step 1.1 of the assembly process: attaching the seat to the frame.
For this step, you’ll need the following:
- Four bolts
- Four washers
- Jetkart seat
- Jetkart frame
- Included wrench
NOTE: You do not need any stand-alone nuts for this step: Nuts are already pre-installed into holes in the bottom of the Jetkart seat, and they’re ready to receive the bolts that you’ll screw into them.
Here’s how to get the seat attached:
Slip a washer onto each bolt. With the seat in place on top of the frame and working from the bottom up, screw one bolt/washer combo through each hole on the frame and into the preinstalled nut on the bottom of the seat. Use the included wrench to tighten each bolt.
See this helpful video for how to screw the bolt (with washer) into the nut.
Returning products purchased on RideJetson.com
If you ordered your product directly on RideJetson.com, you’re in the right place! Here’s the scoop on returns for items purchased directly through us:
- Jetson will gladly accept the return of any new and unused product purchased on RideJetson.com within 30 days from the purchase date.
- Customers are responsible for return shipping fees and ensuring that the product arrives undamaged.
- Products that are returned in lightly used condition or without original packaging are subject to a restocking fee equal to 20% of the original product purchase price. The remaining 80% will be issued as credit towards another purchase on RideJetson.com.
All good? If you’re ready to start a return, here are the steps you’ll need to take:
1) Reach out to the Jetson Care Team to get a return started. You’ll be given an RMA (Return Merchandize Authorization) number and the address for where to ship your product. Here’s a tip: The quickest and best way to reach Jetson Care is by starting a chat.
2) Pack the product in its original packaging or a sturdy box to ensure that it makes its way back to us without incurring any damage.
3) Write the RMA number clearly on the outside of the box.
4) Ship the item back to us using your preferred carrier. Once we receive and inspect the product–and if everything looks good–we will process the refund (or store credit in the case of lightly used products) within 5 business days.
Returning Jetson products purchased elsewhere
Unfortunately, we can’t process a return for a Jetson product bought through another retailer: In that case, you’ll need to reach out directly to that retailer to learn about their return policies and process.
Exchanging a product
Want something else instead? No problem!
Jetson does not currently exchange products in a single transaction. However, you can return your original product using the info and instructions above and then place a brand-new order for the Jetson product you’d prefer to have.
As much as we don’t like to hear it, we understand that sometimes customers need to cancel an order that they have made.
Because our warehouses work to fulfill orders quickly, there is a small window of time where orders can be successfully canceled—sometimes just a few hours after the order has been placed. Even if you have not received a tracking number, your order may have already entered the shipping process.
To inquire about order cancellation, reach out directly to the Jetson Care Team. The quickest and best way to do that is by starting a chat. If you do that from 9am to 9pm EST, you can be connected with a live team member who can immediately look into canceling your order; outside of those hours, our virtual chatbot, J., can take your details and schedule a follow-up.
If our team determines that it’s too late in the process to cancel an order, don’t fret! We can always provide you with instructions on how to return the product after you receive it.
Your Jetson hoverboard has two types of indicator lights: one to convey its battery charge and another to tell you the status of your board’s internal balance mechanisms.
They’re located on the top of the board in between the foot pads. Understanding what and how they communicate can make for a much better riding experience.
Let’s shed some more light on this:
Battery indicator lights
Depending on the model, your Jetson Hoverboard will have either a single battery indicator light or a set of three.
If your hoverboard has a single indicator light, it will illuminate in one of three colors. Here’s what those colors mean:
- Green - Your hoverboard’s battery has a charge at or above 50%.
- Yellow - The battery has a charge between 21% and 49%.
- Red or flashing red - Your battery has a charge under 20%. Time to plug in and power up!
Hoverboards with three adjacent battery indicator lights also communicate the level of charge:
- Three green lights – Your hoverboard’s battery has a charge at or above 50%.
- Two green lights – The battery has a charge between 21% and 49%.
- One green light or one flashing green light - Your battery has a charge under 20%. Time to plug in and power up!
(Do you have Jetson’s Strike Hoverboard? Take note: When this hoverboard is turned vertically onto its wheel, the battery indicator light will also serve to notify you which speed mode the hoverboard is set in. In this vertical position, the battery indicator light will be green when you have it set to beginner/slow mode; yellow when it’s in intermediate/medium mode; and red when it’s set to advanced/fast mode. As soon as you lay the hoverboard back down, the light will return to the color indicating its battery status. You can learn more about how to change modes in the Strike’s user manual.)
Status indicator lights
Your hoverboard will also have one, two, or three status indicator lights. These lights let you know if your hoverboard is properly “balanced” and ready to ride. (Depending on the model, status indicator lights will either illuminate whenever the power is turned on or only when you are standing on it.)
What’s important, no matter the number of lights, is the color of illumination. Here are the details:
Blue or green – If any or all of the status indicator lights on your hoverboard are illuminated in blue or green before you step on the board or while you are standing on it, your hoverboard is in proper balance and ready to make moves.
Red or flashing red – If one or more of the status indicator lights changes to red or begins flashing red, its balance mechanism needs to be rest. You can do this by quickly “recalibrating”.
If red or flashing lights on your hoverboard are also accompanied by beeping that’s another sign that the battery is low or that your hoverboard needs recalibrating.
As always, we’re here to help with all things Jetson, indicator lights and all. The quickest and best way to reach Jetson Care is by starting a chat. Chat is available 24/7.
Want to jazz up your ride with a custom soundtrack or in-app adjustments? Let’s get you connected.
First, determine which of the following three categories your Jetson product falls into. (You can see your specific model’s functions and features in its User Guide.)
A) Your product has a built-in Bluetooth speaker and can also be connected to the Ride Jetson App.
B) Your product has a built-in Bluetooth speaker but is not connectible with the Ride Jetson App.
C) Your product does not have a built-in Bluetooth speaker or connectivity with Ride Jetson App. (In this case, unfortunately, you can’t stream tunes directly through your product.)
If your product falls into Category A, here’s how to get the hook up:
- Download the Ride Jetson app on your iOS or Android device and create an account.
- Using the power button, turn on your Jetson product.
- Open the Ride Jetson App on your handheld device.
- Tap the Bluetooth symbol in the top left corner of the app.
- Look for your Jetson product in the list of detected devices and select it.
- Enter your password. (If this is your first time connecting or you have recently recalibrated your hoverboard, your password will be the default password: 000000.)
- Your product should now be connected to the Ride Jetson app. Make good use of it! You can totally customize your ride using the in-app features and settings and use it to stream your favorite tunes through your Jetson’s built-in speakers.
If your product falls into Category B, here’s how to get your favorite tunes streaming:
- Using the power button, turn on your Jetson product.
- In the settings section of your phone or handheld tablet to make sure that Bluetooth is enabled.
- In the Bluetooth settings section of your phone or tablet, look for your Jetson product and select it.
Play music. Ride. Enjoy.
Troubleshooting: what to do if you’re having trouble connecting
If your Jetson product is powered on but you still don’t see it in the list of nearby Bluetooth devices, here are some things you can try:
- Restart your Jetson product by turning it off and then back on.
- Turn Bluetooth functionality off and then back on in the setting section of your phone.
- Restart your phone by turning it off and then back on.
Still having problems? Reach out to us so that we can assess the situation and figure out how to proceed. The quickest and best way to reach the Jetson Care Team is by starting a chat with J., our superstar virtual assistant.