Fact: Riding the Remix Light-Up JetKart is downright fun. We’ve created this quick-start guide so you can speed through set-up and get right to it.
Out-of-the-box preparation and assembly
Things you need to know
Pieces you’ll need:
The kart frame
The handle brackets
The two footrests
The nose cap
The hardware that came in the box (You’ll use most but not all of it; we’ve included some spares)
Tools you’ll need: `
The Phillips-head screwdriver and double-sided (13mm and 15mm) wrench that came in the box
How long it will take:
About an hour
Level of difficulty:
Readying your hoverboard
Step One: Charging it up
The Remix hoverboard can take up to 4 hours to reach full charge. Prior to your first ride, plug it in for a good charging session.
- Unplug the cover on the hoverboard charging port.
- Plug the charger into the wall outlet and then into the charging port.
- When the indicator light on the charger changes from a blinking green to a solid green illumination, charging is complete.
- Remove the charger from the hoverboard’s charging port and wall outlet. Replace the cover on the hoverboard charging port.
Step Two: Making sure it’s properly calibrated
Prior to riding your hoverboard (on its own or with the kart attached), make sure the internal balance mechanisms are in line. You can do this by recalibrating your hoverboard—basically giving those balance mechanisms a reset.
A few things to note:
- Never recalibrate your hoverboard while standing on it or when it is attached to the kart. A recalibration should always happen without any added weight on the hoverboard.
- Your hoverboard will give you signs—spinning or beeping, for example—whenever it needs another recalibration.
Here’s how to recalibrate the Remix hoverboard.
- Power off the hoverboard.
- Hold the power button in for about five second, at which point a short musical tune will start playing. Continue holding the button until you hear “Calibration Successful” and lights on the front and back of the hoverboard begin blinking.
- Release the power button, then re-press it to power off the board.
Assembling your kart
Step One: Attaching the seat
- Grab the seat. Flip the seat upside down and place it on a flat but soft surface.
- Flip the kart upside down (so that the wheel is sticking up), and rest the non-wheel end of the kart on top of the seat bottom. The front of the seat should be facing the front (wheel end) of the kart.
- Align the 4 pre-drilled holes in the kart with the 4 pre-drilled holes in the bottom of the seat.
- From your collection of hardware, look for the 5 washers and 5 large metal bolts. (Not the largest plastic ones; you’ll use those later.)
- Save 1 washer and 1 bolt in a safe place in case you ever need them; those are spares. Slip 1 washer onto each of the 4 remaining bolts.
- Insert 1 bolt with washer into 1 set of aligned holes in the seat and kart. Gently twist it clockwise until it’s partially secured but not fully tight.
- Repeat that with the other 3 bolt/washer combos in the other 3 holes.
- Once all 4 bolts are in, use the 13 mm side of your double-sided wrench to tighten them by turning them clockwise.
Important: Take care not to over-tighten the bolts, as over-tightening can cause the seat to crack. Stop turning the bolt when it is fully inserted and you start to feel resistance. Then check the security of the seat and, if there is any wobble, tighten further. Repeat if necessary, until the seat is secure.
Step Two: Attaching the nose cap
- Grab the nose cap and bag with 4 small screws (labeled “C1”) from your hardware supply. Set 1 screw aside with your other spare hardware; you’ll only need 3 here.
- With the kart still upside down, carefully lift the front of the kart and slide the nose cap underneath such that the nose cap:
- is also upside down.
- aligns with the kart frame, such that the narrower end is at the front of the kart.
- Align the 3 pre-drilled holes at the front of the kart with the 3 holes in the inside of the nose cap.
- Use the screwdriver to insert and then tighten all 3 screws.
- Carefully flip the kart with seat over so that the Remix is upright, and check that both the seat and nose cap are secure on the kart.
Step Three: Attaching the handle brackets
- Grab the handle brackets and 3 large plastic bolts from your supply of hardware. Store 1 bolt with the other spare hardware; you’ll only need 2 here.
- Look at the holes on the sides of each mounting brackets at the bottom of each handlebar. Note that one side of the bracket has a large circular hole, and the other has an hour-glass shaped hole.
- Hold the 2 brackets in front of you such that:
- The bracket bases are level and the handles are pointed upward on the diagonal away from you.
- The two large circular holes in the bracket are on the inside (facing one another), and the hourglass-shaped holes are on the outside.
In this position, the bracket on the right is the right-hand bracket on your kart, and the bracket on the left is the left-hand bracket on the kart.
- Slide the large circular hole of the right-hand bracket onto the bar of the frame that extends underneath the seat on the side of the kart that will accommodate the rider’s right side.
- Using your hands (NOT a wrench), twist one large plastic bolt clockwise until it is secured but not excessively tight in the bracket.
Warning: Do not use the wrench or any other tool to tighten this bolt. Over-tightening can cause the internal components of the bracket to crack.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the left-hand bracket and other plastic bolt.
Important: The handles on the Remix kart have a limited range of motion. Never push or pull the handles beyond the point where you feel resistance, or so much that the front or back of the handle bracket scrapes on the floor. Doing so can cause breakage of the bracket.
Step Four: Attaching the footrests
- Grab the 2 footrests and 3 smallest screws from your hardware supply. Set 1 screw with your other space pieces; you will only need 2 here.
- Locate the 2 holes on each footrest: a large hole on the end that will slip onto the kart frame, and a small hole for the screw that is inside the curve on one side.
- Now look for the 2 attachment holes on the front of the kart frame. They are oblong in shape and located near the end of the bars that extend out from the sides of the nose cap. Those are the holes that you will align with the screw holes on each footrest.
- Slide one footrest onto each bar. Rotate the footrests so that the screw hole on each footrest aligns with the oblong hole on each side of the kart.
- Using the included screwdriver, insert and tighten a small screw into the aligned holes on each footrest by turning the screw clockwise.
- Check that the footrests are secure on the frame but can still be toggled slightly back and forth. That toggle (thanks to the oblong-shaped hole) allows a rider to position their feet at a comfortable angle at which to ride.
Troubleshooting: If after inserting the screw into your footrest, you cannot toggle the footrest at all, you have likely inserted the screw without the two holes properly aligned. Remove the screw, realign the holes, and re-insert the screw.
Step Five: Attaching the kart to the board
Important: Only use the hoverboard included with your Remix JetKart.
- With the hoverboard charged, calibrated, and powered off, level both sides of the hoverboard so that they are evenly aligned and parallel with the ground.
- Position the kart on the ground in front of the hoverboard so that the side of the hoverboard with the charging port and power button are facing away from the kart.
- Pull open the front section of the Velcro strap on each of the kart’s 2 handle brackets and slide the straps out from the tabs on the front of the bracket.
- Lift the rear (seat area) of the kart up. Roll the kart back and place the two brackets onto the footpads of the hoverboard. The front and back legs of each bracket should hug the front and back edges of the hoverboard.
- If necessary, free the loose ends of the Velcro straps and the wire on the underside of the seat kart so that they are accessible.
- Wrap the loose end of each Velcro strap under the hoverboard and around to the tab on the front of the handle brackets. Loop each strap through, pull them taut, and fold each one over onto itself to fasten the Velcro.
- Remove the charging port cover from the charging port on the back of the hoverboard.
- Plug the wire on the underside of the kart seat into the charging port.
- If necessary, re-level the hoverboard footpads so that they are even and parallel to the floor, and so that the kart handles are positioned upwards on the diagonal.
Step Eight: Changing the Kart length
When seated on the kart with both feet positioned on the footrests, riders should have a slight bend in the knees. Shorten or lengthen the kart, if necessary, to accommodate the size of the rider.
Important: Never sit on the Remix kart when it is not attached to the hoverboard. Doing so can cause breakage of the handle brackets.
To adjust the kart’s length:
- Pull open the 2 levers on the clamps in the center of the Remix kart.
- Loosen the 2 clamps by turning the knobs on the underside of each one counterclockwise for 1 or 2 rotations.
- Slide the front of the frame (footrest area) in or out of the back of the frame to resize the kart.
Safety double-check: There is a “Minimum Insertion Line” indicated and labeled on both of the frame tubes that slide in and out of the sizing clamp. Never lengthen the kart such that these lines are in front of the clamps and visible.
- When the desired length has been reached, retighten the clamps by turning the knobs clockwise for 1 to 2 rotations.
- Push the two clamp levers down and away from each other such that they are closed over the clamps.
- Check that the front of the kart frame is secured and does not slide forward or backwards within the clamps. If necessary, use the knobs to tighten the clamps further around the frame tubes.
Helpful hint: If you are having trouble opening or closing the levers, the clamp is likely too tight. Loosen the clamp by rotating the knobs counterclockwise for 1/2 rotation at a time until you can open and close the lever with ease.
Helpful support articles for Remix riding and care.