We get it: Sometimes products get returned. What are we to do with those never- or barely used Jetsons that end up back in our warehouse? The answer’s obvious (to us, at least): Get them into the hands of eager riders.
Before we send these sweet rides back out to the streets, we have to make sure they’re in impeccable condition—so we turned the dial up on our old refurbishment process to create a more comprehensive “remanufacturing” process. It goes way beyond giving products that get sent back to us a surface check and clean-up: We get down to the inner workings on every unit to make sure all features, parts, and systems are functioning as they should. We even rebuild, if we see fit.
The bar is raised on re-sale items—and we couldn’t be more excited. The remanufactured products coming out of our warehouse are virtually indistinguishable from those that come straight off the factory production line. Let us share more details:
Why we do it
We remanufacture our products and offer them up for purchase for a few really good reasons.
- It’s good for the earth - This process keeps massive amounts of perfectly good product out of landfills.
- It’s good for the wallet - We can offer remanufactured products at a lower price—which makes Jetson adventuring accessible to even more people. (More riders, more fun, better world!)
- It’s good for rider safety – There’s a market for re-sale products whether we like it or not, and being able to participate in the “pass it along” process allows us to make sure as many Jetsons as possible meet our standards for safety and performance. We’d rather our riders get on a Jetson that’s gone through our extensive quality-control process than buy one at a discount elsewhere that may be damaged or malfunctioning.
By the end of our remanufacturing process, we can say with certainty that one of our remanufactured Bolt Pro e-bikes, for example, is going to deliver the same awesome experience as a brand-new one that comes straight off the factory floor.
What we do
Our remanufacturing process is a 6-step process that analyses every nut and nitty-gritty detail.
Step One: The Intake
We unpack and visually inspect every unit for any obvious damage or defects, then power it on to make sure its electrical systems are operative. Any products that are not deemed good enough for remanufacturing are taken out of the process and only used to harvest parts that are in perfect shape. (We keep as much as we can out of the landfills.)
Step Two: A Comprehensive Inspection
This is where we make sure every single feature and function is in tip-top shape and working order, from tire tread to taillight. No button or bell is left untouched. The number of inspection points depends on which product is on the table, but as an example we’ll give you the rundown of what gets checked on our Bolt Pro e-bikes:
- battery charge (through a three-hour test)
- handbrake levers
- disc brakes
- acceleration throttle
- chain and chain cover
- all clamps, including handlebar and seat
- folding mechanism and functionality
- fork alignment
- steering and handlebar rotation
- LED indicator lights
- tire seals and air pressure
Step Three: Parts Upgrade
For good measure, there are certain parts and accessories that we automatically replace on all remanufactured units, including pedals, fenders, and some lights. Any other parts on a specific unit that our technicians determine as below standard also get swapped out and replaced.
Replacement parts are brand-new and come from our original production factory, with some exceptions (when something is unavailable from the factory) coming from our collection of in-perfect-condition harvested parts.
Step Four: Detailing
If necessary, we buff and repaint specific parts for a perfect color match, and then clean and polish the whole remanufactured unit until it glistens and gleams all over.
Step Five: Outbound Testing
Before we give the final thumbs-up to a remanufactured product, we put it through yet another quality control check. We double-check that its battery life, electrical components and connections, the motor, lights, frame, and more are in immaculate working order. We even take each unit out for a riding test.
Step Six: Prep and Pack
We pair all of our remanufactured products with brand-new tool kits (for assembly and adjustments) and chargers, then prep them for shipment with new packaging, product paperwork, and boxes. In some cases, we’ll ship our remanufactured products with some assembly steps already completed.
As soon as an order is placed, we load one of these Jetsons onto the trucks and get it out for a speedy delivery.
What you get
Remanufactured Jetson products come with:
- A 30-day warranty, which you can lengthen by a few years by extending the warranty either at the time of purchase or within that first 30-day window.
- Access to the Jetson Care Team, who can be reached quickly by chat for support and assistance.
- An amazing riding adventure.