Why ride a Jetson JetKart? One good reason: These things are seriously fun.
After you get yours properly set up and familiarize yourself with functionality, let us teach you the art of JetKart-ing. This is a lesson you’ll definitely want to pay attention to.
- Make sure the hoverboard is powered off before you try to climb onto the kart—otherwise the pressure you put on the hoverboard while settling in will send your JetKart flying.
- Carefully take a seat and place your feet on the footrest—one foot on each side of the frame.
- Check that the hoverboard is level. If necessary, reach back and rotate the hoverboard footpads so that they are both aligned and parallel to the ground.
- Take note of the handle height: This is your JetKart in a “neutral” position, which is a good reference point to have.
- If riding the Condor: Buckle and adjust the seatbelt so that it is secure over your lap.
- Reach down and power on your hoverboard.
- If riding the Alpha L. or Force: Quick-press the hoverboard power button after it is turned on to change your JetKart’s lighting mode to one that feels right for the ride. For the Force: Double-press the hoverboard power button to set your kart’s lights in motion-activation mode.
- Make moves. (Keep reading!)
On the Alpha L., Force, Impulse, JetKart, and JetKart 2.0:
- To go forward, simultaneously and evenly push down on both handles. The more you push down, the faster you will go.
- To go backwards, simultaneously and evenly pull up on both handles. The more you pull up the handles, the faster you will go.
- To turn right, push down on the left handle while pulling up on the right handle.
- To turn left, push down on the right handle while pulling up on the left handle.
- To slow down, gradually return the handles to the neutral position.
- To stop, pull up on the handles briefly and then return them to the neutral position, taking care not to push them down, which will exert forward movement.
On the Condor:
- To go forward, push down on the accelerator pedal with your right foot.
- To boost speed, push down on the handle while moving forward.
- To go backwards, pull the handle upwards. Hold it up while you ride in reverse. Release it to the neutral position when you would like to switch back to forward movement.
- To turn, rotate the steering wheel left or right.
- To slow down or stop, push down on the brake pedal with your left foot.
Important: Always power off the hoverboard before unbuckling and getting off a JetKart.
How to hoverboard
If you’ve got a JetKart or one of our combo units, that also means you’ve got a hoverboard, too. (Cool, right?) Check out these tips on how and where to take your hoverboard for a spin all on its own.
While we’re at it, these articles are helpful for hoverboard ownership, too: