You’ll pique everyone’s attention when you zip around on your Jetson JetKart. The ride is swiftest and most worthy of showing off when the kart is perfectly positioned on the hoverboard.
Understanding how it works
To understand proper positioning, it helps to understand how the kart and the board function together. The footpads on the hoverboard have sensors underneath them that sense shifts in pressure and effect movement of the hoverboard accordingly. When you’re standing on the hoverboard and riding it all on its own, those changes in pressure come from your feet—but when the hoverboard is connected to JetKart, those changes come from movements of the brackets at the bottom of the JetKart handles. Pushing or pulling the handles changes the pressure on the footpads—and, propelled by the hoverboard, your kart takes off.
With that in mind, always pair your kart with the right hoverboard: Our JetKart and JetKart 2.0 have adjustable brackets that make them compatible with all Jetson hoverboards. However, our combo units come with a kart and board that were specifically made to match—so if you’ve got the Jetson Alpha, Condor, Force, Impulse, Remix, or Rumble, always use the included hoverboard.
Attaching your kart to the board
Here’s how to get the kart’s handle brackets properly positioned on the hoverboard sensors:
- Prep your hoverboard. Make sure your hoverboard is fully charged and properly calibrated. Then, power it off.
- Position the kart on the hoverboard. You will want your hoverboard’s power button to be easily accessible once it’s underneath the kart, so make sure that the side with that button will be facing outwards from the back of the kart.
Then, lift the back/seat section of the kart frame onto the hoverboard and rest it on the hoverboard so that each bracket at the base of the kart handles is resting on one hoverboard footpad.
- For JetKart and JetKart 2.0 only: If necessary, re-size kart brackets to fit the hoverboard. According to the instructions in your model’s user manual, loosen the hardware on top of each bracket.
Then, condense or extend the brackets as necessary to fit the width of the hoverboard, so that the front and back the brackets are hugging the front and back edges of the hoverboard.
Retighten the hardware on the top of the bracket to secure it.
- Strap the kart onto the hoverboard.
With the brackets resting on the hoverboard, feed a Velcro strap through the front slot on each bracket. Fold the ends of each strap over the slot and “lock” the strap using the Velcro fastening.
Wrap the straps under the hoverboard and feed them through the slots in the back of each JetKart bracket.
Pull both straps tight, fold the end of the strap down, and “lock” the strap using the Velcro fastening.
Check that the kart is secured on the hoverboard.
- For Alpha, Force, and Remix only: Connect the kart to the hoverboard’s battery.
Because the karts that are part of our Jetson Alpha and Jetson Force combo units have (awesome) light-up features, they require an electrical connection to be made with the hoverboard so that the lights can draw power from the hoverboard’s battery.
To connect the kart to the power source, plug the cord coming from the rear of the JetKart seat into the charging port of the hoverboard.
- Helmet on. Power on. Ride on!