Jetson’s foldable electric scooters streamline both the “going” and the stowing. With handlebars that can be laid down and locked onto the scooter deck, these scooters can easily be carted into class; stashed out of the way in a studio apartment; lifted into the trunk of a car; or carried onto the cross-town bus.
Depending on which e-scooter model you have, folding functionality centers around either a push lever or a locking clasp. Read on for more.
Foldable Jetson e-scooters with push levers and “click in place” locking mechanism
This type of folding mechanism is a lever at or near the base of the handlebar stem. That lever, which extends out diagonally from the frame just in front of where you place your front foot on the deck, connects to an internal folding mechanism that gets released—or “unlocked”—when the lever is pushed.
To fold or unfold these scooters, first press the lever down towards the deck. While the lever is down, gently raise the handlebar into riding position (to unfold the scooter) or lower it down towards the deck (to fold the scooter) until you hear a “click”—indicating that it has locked into place.
Jetson electric scooter models that have push-lever folding functionality and a “click in place” locking mechanism include the:
- Disney Frozen II Kids Folding Electric Scooter
Foldable Jetson e-scooters with locking clasps and a hook lock
Instead of an internal mechanism, these types of folding scooters have an external clasp at the area where the handlebar hinges to fold. That clasp, when closed, secures the stem in the upright position and keeps it steady while you roll.
To fold the scooter, open—or unlock—the clasp. That frees up the stem area above the hinge point for movement. Gently pivot the handlebar all the way down towards the scooter deck
Next, locate the hook near the handlebar and clip it into the catch point near the rear wheel. This locks the scooter in the folded, compact position so that it can be picked up by the handlebar stem and transported securely
A few variations on locking-clasp foldability:
- Some models have a small release button or tab that must be pressed in order for the clasp to open.
- Some models have a locking ring that rotate around the handlebar stem to secure the clasp in place. Before opening the clasp, just rotate the tab on the ring away from the clasp.
Jetson electric scooter models that have push-lever folding functionality and a hook lock include the:
- Element and Element Pro
- Eris (locking ring on clasp)
- Knight (locking ring on clasp)
- Ora Pro (release tab on clasp)
- Quest (locking ring on clasp)
- Racer (release tab on clasp)
- and the Globe, which can compact even further: Each side of the handlebar can tuck in towards the stem when collars at those hinge points are moved off of the hinges. (Note: The Globe does not have a hook lock to secure it in the folded position.)
Jetson e-scooters that do not fold
A few of our models keep it simple with only one position: that in which you ride. Those models, which do not have folding functionality, include our:
- Disney Buzz, Frozen II, and Toy Story 4 Electric Scooters