With power and presence, the Canyon Electric Scooter commands control of the road—but thanks to its sweet suspension system and super-wide deck, it’s also a cool and comfortable ride. Here’s a helpful guide on how to get your best Canyon groove on.
Prep for the ride
In ideal conditions, the Canyon can transport you up to 22 miles before needing a charge—and hit over 15 miles per hour on long, steady stretches. Here’s how to get the best speed and distance.
- Plot your route – The Canyon’s 500-watt motor and wide wheels can handle all kinds of expeditions with aplomb, but you’ll get the most out of every battery charge when you ride on flat stretches of road. Scout out e-scootering spots that are smooth, safe—and (why not?) spectacularly scenic.
- Power your ride – It can take up to 6 hours to fully charge the Canyon, so be sure to plan ahead. A healthy battery holds more charge, so take good care of your Canyon’s by following our guidelines for charging and battery care best practices.
You’ll be able to tell how much charge your battery has left at any point by looking at the top of the LCD display screen when the scooter is powered on. The amount of bars displayed across the top will indicate what percentage your battery charge is at:
4 bars: 76% to 100% charged
3 bars: 51% to 75% charged
2 bars: 26% to 50% charged
1 bar: Less than 25% (Charge your Canyon now!)
- Pace yourself – Before you set off, be sure to set your scooter in the most appropriate speed mode so that you stay within a safe pace for wherever you’re traveling. Pre-programmed speed modes
Speed Mode 1: Ride up to 3 mph
Speed Mode 2: Ride up to 10 mph
Speed Mode 3: Ride up to 15.5 mph
To toggle amongst the three options, quick-press the light button; your LCD screen will display a 1, 2, or 3, to indicate which mode is currently set.
Keep the Canyon at Speed Mode 3 for those times when you want to travel far and fast, but switch to another when you will be riding in dense areas or where there are marked speed limits.
Get to know the subtleties of the Canyon’s speed control features, and you’ll ride every inch of the road just right.
- Using the thumb throttle – The thumb throttle on the right side of your handlebar is your power control center: The more you press down on the throttle, the more the motor will activate. On flat or downhill surfaces, exerting more pressure on the throttle will lead to awesome acceleration; and on rougher ground or an uphill incline, that extra pressure will give your Canyon the oomph it needs to tackle that terrain.
When you ease up on the throttle, you can achieve a smooth slow-down without having to brake—and glide to a gentle, gorgeous stop.
- Using the handbrake – The Canyon’s handbrake is sensitive, which gives you lots of control on how you come to a stop. Squeeze gently for a soft slow-down, and harder when you need to come to a sharper stop.
To alert others to your decrease in speed, the rear brake light above the back wheel will illuminate every time you engage the brake.
Make the most of it
Here’s what else you can do with your Canyon
- Fold and carry - You can make your Canyon compact and carriable by folding its handlebar down. Here’s how:
1) Locate the locking lever at the base of the handlebar stem.
2) Push the mini-tab on that lever upwards, and then pull the lever open.
3) Pivot the handlebar down towards the deck of the scooter.
4) When the handlebar is all the way down, pull the clip hook at the rear of the scooter deck onto the hook on the stem below the handlebar. This locks the handlebar into the folding position so that you can carry it by the stem.
To unfold, just reverse these steps.
- Light your way – Hold down the light button for two to three seconds to turn the front headlight on or off.
- Charge your phone – When your scooter is powered on, you charge your phone in the USB plug on the handlebar. For safety, do not let the phone dangle from its charging cord or hold it in your hand while you ride! Instead, tuck the phone into a pocket or waist pack.
- Ring the bell – Alert passers-by of your approach by ringing the bell on the left side of the handlebar.
- Track your trip – Holding down the power button for two-seconds turns the Canyon on and off—but that same button also allows you toggle between two tracked travel distances. With the Canyon turned on, quick-press the power button to switch the LCD display between these two different measurements:
ODO: Indicates total distance traveled on the Canyon
TRIP: Indicates distance traveled only during this ride. (The TRIP measurement will reset every time the Canyon powers off.)
- Prop it up – While charging, taking a pit stop, or putting the Canyon away for the night, you can lower the kickstand and prop the scooter upright. (Be sure to raise the kickstand back up before you get back on to ride.)