Let there be light—and always the right light: With our Amber Volt LED Light-Up Strip, you can keep your personal space in perfect sync with the mood of any moment.
Of all our Amber Light-Up Strips, the Volt is the most versatile. You can operate it in four ways:
- With the attached controller
- With the remote control
- On your phone with the Amber by Jetson App
- Via voice control with an Alexa- or Google Assistant-compatible device
- Mounting the light-up strip – Clean, dry, and smooth surfaces will hold your strip’s adhesive best. Choose a spot to start your light-up strip that is near a wall outlet. Starting from the end of the strip that has the plug on it, gradually work your way along the length of the strip by peeling back the protective paper and firmly pressing the strip onto the surface.
- Installing the controller – On the end of the controller that has two cords extending from it, find the cord with the wide plug. Locate the arrow on that plug, line it up with the arrow on the receiving plug on the light-up strip, and gently insert it.
The other cord on that side of the controller holds the IR Receptor, which your remote control will communicate with. Make sure the receptor is not blocked by large objects: You’ll have to point the remote at it when you want to make lighting adjustments.
- Powering up - Plug your AC adapter into the other end of the controller, and then into the power outlet. Get ready to electrify your space with awesome illumination.
Using the controller
For simple and quick lighting control, use the three-button controller that is attached to the end of the light-up strip. On either side of the center power button are the “C” button, which you can quick press to change to one of six color choices, and the “M” button, which sets Music Mode: In this mode, your LEDs will flash in a pre-programmed color pattern to the beat of whatever tunes you have on in your space .
Using the remote
With the remote control, you can do even more with your Amber Flow strip. Let’s shed light on the possibilities:
- Changing color – For a continuous glow in a single color, use the 12 color buttons on the top half of the remote.
- Creating custom colors – You can create and save three custom colors with the “DIY” buttons. To create a custom color, press one of the DIY buttons and use the red, green, and blue arrows to adjust the color. (You may have to push an arrow several times to see a visible change, since the adjustments are subtle.) When you’ve created your perfect hue, press the same DIY button to save it. You can get to that color anytime you want by pressing that button.
To change your saved color, repeat the same process above: DIY -> arrows -> DIY.
- Adjusting brightness – The two buttons on the top of the remote adjust brightness; use the one with the up arrow to increase intensity, and the one with the down arrow to dim it.
- Using preprogrammed lighting modes – Change up the ambiance in your space quickly to Night, Starry, Party, or Movie Mode, each of which has its own button on the remote control.
There are nine other pre-programmed lighting patterns, which you can access by quick-pressing the “Mode” button; just stop pressing when you’ve landed on the perfect one.
When your lights are set in a pre-programmed flashing or fading pattern, you can change the pace of the pattern by using the “Speed +” and “Speed -” buttons.
- Syncing with sound – The music note buttons near the bottom of the remote allow you to choose four different Music Mode color settings. As soon as your music starts playing, your space will see the ultimate syncing of sight and sound.
- Setting sleep timers – You can use the four buttons at the bottom of the remote to tell your lights to turn off after a certain amount of time: one (“1H”), two (“2H”), three (“3H”), or four (“4H”) hours.
Using the Amber By Jetson App, Google Assistant, or Alexa
If you always have your phone in your hand—or want hands-free, voice-activated lighting control—start by downloading and installing the Amber by Jetson App (for iPhones from the App Store and for Androids from Google Play).
The app gives you access to awesome lighting customization options: a kaleidoscopic range of color choices, the ability to create your own lighting patterns, and more.
Here’s how to connect your Volt with the app after you’ve downloaded it onto your phone and created an account.
- Make sure the Volt is plugged in and use the remote control to turn it on.
- Tap the “+” in the top right corner of the app, and then tap the “Auto Scan” option at the top of the screen.
- On the controller attached to the light-up strip, press and hold the center power button for about five seconds.
- When the lights on the strip turn red and start flashing, you should see your Amber Volt show up in the app as an identified nearby device.
To connect with a Google Assistant- or Alexa-compatible device that’s in your space—and have voice-activated control of your lights—go to the home page of the app and tap "Amber lightstrip.” Then tap the edit icon in the top-right corner of the screen. Tap “Alexa” or “Google Assistant for further set-up instructions.