You can have awesome illumination anywhere when you have an Amber Lit LED Light-Up Strip: This super-cool mood-maker runs off of a rechargeable battery, which means even places without wall outlets can glimmer with LED glow.
We’ve got the “how-to” on how to use the Amber Lit right here. Let’s keep going — so you can get your space glowing.
Prep and placement
- Charging up – Find a USB plug and use the included charging cord to give juice to the battery in the controller. While charging, the controller will illuminate in red; the illumination will change to blue when charging is complete. It takes about three hours for the controller to fully charge.
- Choosing a spot – Choose an easy-to-reach spot for your light-up strip to start: That’s the end that will connect to the controller. Make sure that space is also unblocked by large objects, since the controller responds to motion and changes in the ambient lighting in the room.
- Securing it into position – Clean, dry, and smooth surfaces will hold the adhesive best. In the space where you’d like the controller to sit, use the included double-sided dot-sticker to hang the round magnet. Unplug the controller from its charging cord and hang it on the magnet facing outwards.
Next, plug the beginning end of the light-up strip into the slot of the controller marked “LED.” Gradually work your way along the length of the strip, peeling back the protective paper and pressing the adhesive underneath firmly into place.
Lighting up your space
The controller will need to be plugged into your lighting strip whenever you want to use it. Here’s the run-down on controller functionality:
- Powering on – To illuminate your strip, slide the power switch from the off position to either “night mode,” (signified by a moon, and in which the controller responds to movement in low-light conditions), or “day mode”, (signified by a sun, in which the controller picks up movement in brighter conditions).
- Choosing color – Which hue’s for you? You can cycle through 20 different fixed color options by quick-pressing the “RGB” button on the controller; just stop pressing when you’ve landed on the color you’d like the lights to maintain.
When the light-up strip is lit in a single, steady color, you can change the brightness to one of five different intensities by quick-pressing the “+/-“ button on the controller.
- Rhythm and vibe – For times when you want lighting with a little extra energy, quick-press the “Mode” button on the controller: This will activate one of several pre-programmed flashing or fading lighting patterns. To change to another pattern, quick-press the button again; just stop pressing when you’ve found the one that suits the mood.
When the lights are set in one of the preprogrammed flashing or fading modes, you can change the speed of the flow with the “+/-” button.
- Preserving power – If the controller does not sense movement in your space for a certain amount of time, your Amber Lit will go into sleep mode and the LED lights will go off. To set that length of time, slide the knob on the controller to either 15s (for 15 seconds), 130s (for 130 seconds, or just over two minutes), or 380s (for 380 seconds, or six minutes and 20 seconds).
If you want to manually turn the lights off when you’ll be leaving the space, you can press and hold the “+/-“ button for one full second. To turn the lights back on, just press and hold it again.