The ambiance of your at-home space will always be spot-on when you’ve got an Amber Flow LED Light-Up Strip in it. Here’s how to use the strip to vibe your space.
- Mounting the light-up strip - Choose a clean, dry surface in which to adhere your light-up strip—and make sure there is a wall outlet near the end of the strip that has a plug. Working from one end of the strip to the other, gradually pull back the protective paper and firmly press the adhesive into place.
- Placing the controller – Note the end of the controller with two cords extending from it. On the cord with the large plug, line up the arrow on this plug with the arrow on the receiving plug at the end of your light-up strip and gently insert it.
The other cord extending from that side of the controller is the IR Receptor, which your remote control will communicate with. Make sure it is not blocked by any large objects: You’ll have to point the remote control in the direction of the receptor when you want to change up your lighting vibe.
- Powering up - Plug the AC Adapter into the other end of the controller, and then plug the adapter into your wall outlet. It’s time to bring your space to light!
Lighting your space
The three buttons on that controller give you quick and easy lighting control. On either side of the center power button are “C” and “M” buttons, which you can quick-press to cycle through a variety of lighting colors or pre-programmed flashing modes.
If you want more lighting style options, use your remote control. (Be sure to remove the plastic packaging tab from its battery compartment first.) Here’s how you can customize the lighting in your space with the remote:
- Choose a color – You can cast any color on your mood by pushing the coordinating color button; there are 20 on the top half of your remote.
- Change brightness – Once you’ve chosen the color you want, you can decide just how intense you want the light to be. To increase brightness, push the top left button on your remote; to dim it, push the one just next to it.
- Create and save custom colors – When none of the 20 pre-programmed colors feels just right, you can create your own—and save six of them for future access. To create a custom color, first push one of the six DIY buttons. Then, use the arrow buttons to make slight color adjustments: You can increase or decrease your color with tinges of red, blue, and green. (The change in hue each time you press an arrow button is subtle, so you may have to press the same arrow several times before you see a noticeable change in your lights.)
When you’ve created the perfect color, press that same DIY button again to save it into your Amber Volt’s memory bank: That button will bring your lights back to that custom-created color any time you quick-press it.
You can change your custom colors again at any time by repeating the same process: DIY -> arrows -> DIY.
- Activate flashing – When the Amber Volt is set to a steady glow in a single color, you can make that color flash on and off by pushing the “Flash” button near the bottom of the remote. You can adjust the speed of the flashing with the “Quick” and “Slow” buttons; or pause the flashing with the “Play/Pause” button at the top of the remote.
- Set pre-programmed lighting patterns – For a quick-fix of energy in your space, push the “Jump3” or “Jump7” button: The “Jump3” will flash through three colors and the “Jump7” will flash through seven. For more gradual transitions from one color to the next, use the “Fade3” and “Fade7” options instead.
If you can’t decide which pre-programmed lighting pattern you like best—you can enjoy all four: Just press the “Auto” button—and your lights will cycle consecutively through all of the “Jump” and “Fade” sets.