With changes in moods and moments, sometimes an ambiance needs adjusting. In-app control of the Amber Volt LED Light-Up Strip makes it easy to get your space perfectly in sync with every moment of the day. Here’s how to make it happen.
Download and install the Amber by Jetson App for iOS devices (from the App Store) or Androids (from Google Play). Then, follow these instructions to connect it to your Amber Volt:
- Plug in the Volt and use the remote control to turn it on.
- Open the Amber by Jetson app on your device and tap the “+” in the top right corner.
- Tap “Auto Scan” at the top of the screen.
- On the controller that is attached to the light-up strip, press and hold the center power button for about five seconds—until you see the lights on the strip turn red and start flashing. You should see “Amber striplight” show up as a recognized device on your app.
To connect more than one Amber Volt LED Light-Up Strip to the app, just repeat the process.
Setting the scene
Once your light-up strip appears on the Home page of the app, tap it—and you’ll be redirected to the lighting control center, which consists of four sections: another “Home” screen, and screens for “Style,” “Voice,” and “Schedule.”
You can toggle the switch on the top right corner of all of these screens, except for the “Schedule” screen, tap to power the light-strip on or off.
Here’s how to play with your lighting using these screens:
- On the “Home” screen:
You can choose the color you’d like your lights to glow from a full color spectrum of options by tapping a color on the color wheel. The center dot will display your selection, and your lights will glow accordingly.
There are four easy-access colors—white, yellow, red, or turquoise—which you can turn your lights to by tapping the coordinating square beneath the color wheel.
In any color you choose, you can adjust the intensity of the lights by tapping anywhere along the “Brightness” band.
- On the “Style” screen:
Nine different pre-programmed light-up patterns can help you bring rhythmic energy to your space. Scroll amongst the options at the top of the screen and tap the mode that suits the mood.
To change the color(s) featured within one of these lighting patterns, tap a colored square next to the word “Custom” and choose a color from the kaleidoscopic band above it. To add additional colors to the pattern, tap the “+” and select a new color.
To change the tempo of the pre-programmed lighting modes that your lights are set in, tap the “Speed” band; higher numbers make for faster flashes and fades.
To dim or intensify the lights while they’re putting on a pattered show, tap a new spot “Brightness” band at the bottom of the screen.
- On the “Voice” screen:
When you come to the “Voice” screen, your lights start to pay attention to sound. They’ll light up in reaction to talking or music in the room. There are four sound-activated lighting configurations that you can choose from: “Classic,” “Soft,” “Dynamic,” and Disco.
Tap the “Sensitivity” band at the bottom of the page to choose how responsive you’d like the lights to be to the volume of sound.
- On the “Schedule” screen:
You can schedule your lights to wake up (turn on) or go to sleep (turn off)—at a certain time. To do this, use the toggle switches and select the time and days of the week when you’d like your lights to greet you or say “goodnight”.
What else you can do
- To connect your Amber Volt with a Google Assistant- or Alexa-compatible device, go to any of the above four screens and tap the edit icon in the top right corner of the screen. Tap “Alexa” or “Google Assistant,” and follow the instructions for connecting.
- Within the same edit icon, you can group several devices together for simultaneous control, change the name of your light-up strip as it’s displayed in the app, and more.
- If you have multiple Amber Volts—within one home or spread amongst several—you can tell the app which ones are where within the “Me” section of the app.
- In the “Smart” section of the app, you can set the specifications under which your lights turn on or off, including certain weather conditions, sunrise or sunset, time, and more.
You can access FAQs—including operation instructions and troubleshooting tips—in the “Me” section of the app.
Experiencing app glitches? Try the following:
- Close the app and reopen it.
- Use the remote control or attached controller to turning your Amber Volt off and then back on.
- Remove your device from the app and re-connect it. To delete a device, tap the three dots above it on the app “Home” screen, tap “Device Management,” choose the device, and then tap “Remove Device” at the bottom of the screen.