Give your Jetson staying power!
The rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries in our e-bikes, e-scooters, and hoverboards were built to last: about 300 to 500 charge cycles. Proper care and maintenance of your battery can help preserve that long-term lifespan, maximize the amount of riding time you get from each charge, and prevent product malfunction.
Let’s charge on with tips on charging up. Here are some battery care best practices:
- Consult your Jetson model’s user manual for the estimated charging time, and try to unplug it shortly after it reaches full capacity. Do not leave your Jetson charging for extended periods of time!
- Only use the charger that came with your product—or a replacement that you’ve acquired from us. Not all Jetson chargers are compatible with all Jetson products!
- Note that some of our products (including the Haze and J8 e-bikes) have removable batteries, which can be charged both when they are installed in the product or on their own—after they've been removed.
- Make sure the battery is charged to at least 50% of power capacity before putting your Jetson in storage for extended periods of time. Then, charge it fully about once a month—even if you don’t plan to ride it. Like the one in your cell phone, Jetson batteries slowly deplete even when they’re not in use.
- Keep Jetson products with rechargeable batteries stored at mild temperatures—ideally, between 41°F and 68°F (or 5°C and 20°C)—and away from flames and concentrated sources of heat. Batteries regularly exposed to higher temperatures may, over time, suffer from diminished charging capacities and/or shortened lifespans for use.
- Water and batteries don’t get along well. Store your Jetson away from moisture, water sources, or areas that puddle or flood. If your Jetson will be staying outdoors, make sure it’s under cover so that it does not get exposed to rain, sleet, or snow. And never hose down your scooter: Instead, use a damp and then dry cloth when you want to freshen up the frame. (Another reason to keep your Jetson dry: Damage to the battery caused by water is not covered under warranty.)
- If you have a Jetson with a removable battery—like the J8 and Haze e-bikes mentioned above, or our Knight e-scooter—remove the battery before storing your Jetson for an extended period of time.
Never open up or disassemble your battery on your own! If it is not working as it should, just reach out to us. We’re always here to help.