If you take good care of your Jetson, your Jetson will take better care of you. With some basic care and easy upkeep, you can keep your e-bike running safely and smoothly long down the road.
Store it right
Your e-bike will always be in good shape for your next ride if you keep it stowed and stored properly.
- E-bikes are best stored indoors and at moderate temperatures.
- Be mindful of the battery: Never store your bike near excessive heat or flames.
- Store your bike in a dry environment and away from water: Rain and moisture can cause damage to your bike’s electrical systems, which can cause malfunctioning and compromise your ride.
Charge it smart
Proper battery maintenance will not just keep your e-bike powered up: It can also help to extend the riding distance that you can get from a single charge.
- Make sure to charge your battery in a warm environment: one that is at least 50°F/10°C.
- Do not leave your e-bike plugged into the charger for extended periods of time.
- Fully charge your battery at least once a month, even during periods when you’re riding less frequently.
- Fully charge the battery before putting it in storage.
- Never disassemble the battery if it is not charging properly. (Reach out to us if something’s gone wrong!)
Keep it clean
Keeping your bike clean keeps it looking good—and it also keeps all the parts moving as they should. Here’s how to do it:
- When your bike needs a little freshening up, wipe it down twice: Once with a damp (not soaking) cloth, and then again with a dry one.
- Don’t rinse your bike or ever hose it down. (Remember: Water and e-bikes don’t get along well.)
- If dust is of concern where you’ll be storing your bike, keep it covered when you’re not using it.