Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries require routine maintenance and care in their use and handling to maintain the estimated battery life of about two to three years or 300 to 500 charge cycles. Follow the tips below to achieve the maximum battery life for your lithium-ion rechargeable battery!
- Review the charging time for your Jetson product in the manual, and be sure to not overcharge your battery!
- Routinely check the battery’s charge status - Lithium-Ion batteries continue to slowly discharge (self-discharge) when not in use or while in storage.
- If a battery is stored or otherwise unused for an extended period of time, be sure to complete the following battery maintenance checklist.
- 1. Charge or discharge the battery to approximately 50% of capacity before storage.
- 2. Charge the battery to approximately 50% of capacity at least once every six months.
- 3. Remove the battery and store it separately from the product.
- 4. Store the battery at temperatures between 5 °C and 20 °C (41 °F and 68 °F).
- (Please note, higher temperatures above 20 °C or 68 °F reduce the battery storage life.)