A removable battery is a great e-bike feature: You can charge it when it’s both in and out of the bike, remove it as a security precaution, and bring a fully charged spare with you on excursions to drop in when the first one runs out of juice.
The keyed lock securing the removable battery on our Warren All-Terrain Electric Bike can be set in three positions to accommodate different situations. Read on for details on what those positions are and how to set the lock in each one.
Things to know
First, let’s go over a few key things about charging and using your battery.
- Keys are customized not for the bike – but, rather the battery. If you’ve bought or received a spare or replacement Warren battery, make sure you use the keys that came with that battery. The keys that arrived with the original bike (and original battery) will not work with a supplemental battery – and vice versa.
- Always power off your Warren prior to inserting or removing a battery.
- Instructions on how to access the battery compartment can be found in the Warren’s user manual.
The 3 key & battery positions
Battery: Locked into the frame
Key: Removable from keyhole
Use: This is the position your battery and lock will be in when you unbox it. Use this position when you want to ride or store your bike, but keep the key elsewhere. (On a keychain or in a backpack, for example.
Battery: Locked into frame
Key: Secured in the keyhole and not removable
Use: Set the lock in this position when you want to ride but keep the key connected to the bike. The key will remain secured in the lock until you change key positions.
Battery: Removable from the frame
Key: Removable from keyhole
Use: This is the only position in which the battery can be removed from the frame.
|To get from this position:
|To this position:
|Insert the key in the keyhole and turn the key 45° clockwise. Check that the key is secured in the keyhole.
|Insert the key in the keyhole. Press the key into the keyhole, so that the keyhole moves up into the frame. Continue pushing it while you turn the key counterclockwise 90°. Remove the key from the keyhole.
|Turn the key 45° counterclockwise and remove the key.
|Turn the key 45° counterclockwise to take it into the Home Position. Press the key into the keyhole, so that the keyhole moves up into the frame, and turn the key counterclockwise 90°. Remove the key from the keyhole.
|Put the battery in the battery compartment. Insert the key in the keyhole, and rotate the key clockwise 90°. Remove the key from the keyhole
|Put the battery in the battery compartment. Insert the key into the keyhole. Rotate the key clockwise 90° to the Home Position, then 45° more to the Locked Position. Check that the key is secured in the keyhole.
More on batteries
- Always take good care of your battery both in and out of the frame.
- Follow best charging practices when you’re powering the battery up.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need more key and lock assistance. We are always keyed up to help.