Getting the front wheels of the Star or Nova scooter more secure is a cinch.
What you'll need: Your scooter, and the hardware and tool that come in our free repair kit, which you can request here.
The repair kit can be used on the following models:
- Blue Nova (JNOVA-BLU)
- Green Nova (JNOVA-GRN)
- Purple Nova (JNOVA-PUR)
- Red Nova (JNOVA-RED)
- Blue Star (JSTAR-CAN-BLU)
How to make the fix
The repair takes approximately 2 minutes.
Here's what you'll get in your repair kit:
- 2 bolts (A)
- 2 regular washers (B)
- 2 locking washers (C)
- 1 Allen Key (Tool 1)
Here's how to remove the old hardware from the front wheels and replace it with the new hardware:
- Lay the scooter on a flat surface with the right wheel facing up.
- Remove the existing bolt in the center of the wheel by turning it counterclockwise with the included Allen Key (Tool 1). (Do not remove the wheel itself.) Discard the bolt.
- Slide 1 locking washer (C) onto and up the body of 1 new bolt (A) so that it is adjacent to the bolt head.
- Slide 1 regular washer (B) onto and up the body of the same bolt so that it is adjacent to the locking washer (C).
- With the two washers (C & B) on the bolt (A), align the tip of the bolt (A) with the hole in the right wheel and insert it by turning it in clockwise. Fully tighten the bolt (A) by continuing to turn it with the Allen Key (Tool 1).
- Flip the scooter over and repeat steps 2 – 5 on the left wheel.
Check out this video for additional guidance.
Once the fix is made, scoot on! As always, we're here to chat if you have any questions or need additional support.