The vibe is always right when you’re riding a Rhythm Folding Electric Scooter. Use this quick-start guide to scoot quickly through set-up so you can get out there and make your moves.
Out-of-the-box preparation and assembly
Things you need to know
Pieces you’ll need:
Your scooter with semi-attached handlebar
The 4 screws that came in the box
Tools you’ll need:
The Allen Key that came in the box
How long it will take:
Less than 30 minutes
Level of difficulty:
Note: The directions given in this article—right, left, front, and rear—are oriented as the rider would see them when standing on the scooter. The “right side” of the scooter, for example, is the side where the rider’s right hand will be.
Step One: Unfolding the frame
- Pivot the kickstand down and prop the scooter up on it.
- While holding and guiding the handlebar with one hand, use the other to raise the stem up and away from the scooter deck to get it upright. You’ll hear a “click” to indicate that it’s in the right place over the hinge point.
For future use: If the scooter is locked into the folding position, you will need to release the folding hook from the folding loop on the rear fender. To do that, hold the stem steady and push the folding loop towards the back of the scooter.
- Push the latch at the base of the stem up and onto the stem until it “clicks” closed.
Safety double-check: If you do not hear the “click,” pull open the latch and push it closed again until it is secure. Never ride without the latch closed and the stem secured.
Troubleshooting: You might have to use some force when pushing the latch closed to get it to “click” closed.
For future use: To fold down the handlebar, push and hold the tab on the side of the latch up while you pull the latch open. Gently lower the stem down towards the scooter deck. Push the folding loop forward onto the folding hook. Check that the stem is secured in the folded position.
Step Two: Attaching the handlebar
You will need the Allen Key, handlebar, and 4 screws.
- Gently and gradually push the single or double set of wires (dependent on the production date of your model) that are attached to the handlebar into the stem, bringing the base of the handlebar closer to the stem while you do it.
- Insert the handlebar base in the top of the stem, positioning it so that all of the following conditions are met:
- The side of the handlebar with the LCD screen is on the right side of the scooter.
- The wires are carefully tucked into the top of the stem, low enough so that the handlebar will have clearance to enter the stem without pinching them.
- The four holes on the side of the handlebar base align with the four holes on the at the top of the stem.
- Insert but do not fully tighten one screw through each set of aligned holes in the stem by finger-twisting it clockwise.
- Once all four screws are inserted, use the Allen Key to finish tightening each on.
Helpful hint: Always insert all four screws through the holes before fully tightening any of the screw. Tightening each screw prior to inserting the others could throw off the alignment of any sets of empty holes.
- Check that the handlebar is secure on the stem.
It can take up to 6 hours to bring a depleted battery to full charge—so be sure to plan ahead.
- Connect the charging cable with the charger.
- Pull open the charging port cover near the scooter deck.
- Plug the charging cable into the wall outlet, and then plug the charger into the charging port.
- When the indicator light on the charger turns from red to green, your battery has reached full charge. Remove the charger from the charging port and unplug the cable from the wall outlet.
- Close the charging port cover.
Safety double-check: Always close the charging port cover when charging is complete so as to protect the port from moisture and dust.
Long-press the power button on the right side of the handlebar to turn the Rhythm on (and also off.)
Pairing with the Bluetooth® speaker to stream music
Prior to pairing your phone with the built-in Bluetooth® speaker, go into the settings section of your phone to make sure Bluetooth® is enabled.
- With the scooter powered on, look into the Bluetooth® section of your phone to find the list of recognized devices.
- Select the Jetson Rhythm from the list of options, and wait for the scooter to announce “Bluetooth® paired.”
- Using your favorite music listening app, stream music that inspires you to #MakeMoves.
Helpful hint: To change the volume of the sound coming from the scooter’s speaker, use the volume controls on your phone.
Troubleshooting: If you’re having trouble connecting, check out this article for some steps you can take to resolve the problem.
Helmet up and head out for a ride! Remember, your scooter’s user manual always lives online—check it out for more details on Rhythm features and functions.
Helpful support articles for e-scooter riding and care: